Accepting Submissions November 1st-December 15th
In a Teen Author Boot Camp keynote a few years ago, NYT Bestselling author Brandon Sanderson said, “Writing is like playing a video game. You should always be leveling up.”
Brandon Sanderson is an incredible example of someone who does just that with his writing, but even if you don’t play video games, anything worth doing in life always requires “leveling up.” Want your blackbelt in karate? You’ve got to level up. Want to be at the top of your class in school? Level up. Want to be a better human being who changes the world? Take one step at a time, and always be leveling up.
For this year’s theme, we’re excited to see YOUR interpretation of Leveling Up. From video games to adventures to science fiction to romance and any other genre you can think of, there are always ways to level up. Show us those in your amazing short story!
The Details (please read carefully):
- This is a TEEN anthology. Only writers between the ages of 13-19 will be considered.
- There is NO entry fee.
- Maximum word count is 6,000.
- Stories should be new and NOT published elsewhere.
- Submissions will be accepted from November 1st-December 15th.
- All entrants will be notified of their story’s status by December 22nd.
- The anthology will be available for purchase at Teen Author Boot Camp 2022 in Provo, UT and on Amazon after the conference.
- If your story is chosen, you will receive a contract and additional details about edits, payment, and final due dates.
- Stories showing promise but not selected for the anthology may be chosen as finalists. Finalists will be published online and their names included in the back of the anthology.
- Authors are NOT required to be registered for the Teen Author Boot Camp conference.
- International submissions are accepted.
- You may submit more than one story, but from past experience, we strongly recommend that you choose ONE story and focus all of your efforts on making that the best story it can be.
Authors chosen for the anthology (not finalists) will receive $20, a custom TABC name badge to wear at the conference, and one print copy of the anthology to be picked up at the pre-release party or the TABC conference, both located in Provo, UT. (Authors unable to attend the conference or launch may request to have their items mailed to them. In some cases, different accommodations will be made for authors outside the US.) Ready to enter?
**This anthology is published in partnership with Teen Author Boot Camp, the nation’s largest writing conference specifically for teens.**