Accepting Submissions October 1st-December 10th
Heroes, heroines, villains, anti-heroes: all great characters are rooted in our own desires for good or evil, and each character begins with a moment that defines them, whether it’s a superhero origin story or a villain’s downfall.
Heroes and villains are the keystone of every great story. From the need for redemption, to the reluctant hero, the journey only they can complete, or fighting for good or evil. From beginning to end, great stories explore their characters’ arcs in interesting ways.
Gods and Goddesses. Superheroes. Paranormal Events. Space Expeditions. Mystery. Suspense. Thrillers. Romance. Adventure. Terror. Humor. All genres are accepted.
Make us fall in love with your hero or villain—we all have a little of both in us. Create a world. Move us with emotion. Make us think. Tell us your story. Join us as we create an epic 2023 Heroes and Villains all-teen anthology!
The Details (please read carefully):
- This is a TEEN anthology. Only writers between the ages of 13-19 will be considered.
- There is NO entry fee.
- Maximum word count is 6,000.
- Stories should be new and NOT published elsewhere.
- Submissions will be accepted from October 1st – December 10th.
- All entrants will be notified of their story’s status by December 20th.
- The anthology will be available for purchase at Teen Author Boot Camp 2023 in Provo, UT and on Amazon after the conference.
- If your story is chosen, you will receive a contract and additional details about edits, payment, and final due dates.
Authors chosen for the anthology (not finalists*) will receive $20, a custom TABC name badge to wear at the conference, and one print copy of the anthology to be picked up at the pre-release party or the TABC conference, both located in Provo, UT. (Authors unable to attend the conference or launch may request to have their items mailed to them.)
We also have several exciting new events this year, exclusively for published anthology authors. Stay tuned for details!
*For stories that are great but don’t quite make it into the anthology, we’ll offer the opportunity for finalists to have their stories posted on our website for readers to find and leave comments.
Ready to enter?
- fill out the form at the link
- send an email (address is listed in the form) with your story attached in Word of PDF–title of story and name of author should be included in the document
- in the subject add TABC short story or something similar
**This anthology is published in partnership with Teen Author Boot Camp, the nation’s largest writing conference for teens.**