Owl Hollow Press has acquired Bleeding Ink Publishing and has absorbed existing titles as of May 1, 2021.
Bleeding Ink Publishing, a boutique press focused on speculative fiction for teens and adults, was founded in Cibolo, TX in 2019, and has published a list of high quality titles by authors such as J.M. Sullivan, Meradeth Houston, Scott Mooney, and Jessica Julien. However, as Bleeding Ink Publishing founders Jon Messenger and Sherry Ficklin restructured their home lives and a military career, they felt it was in the best interest of their authors to pass the books along to someone who could be more present for the day-to-day commitments.
Founder Sherry Ficklin states, “We have been so fortunate to work with some of the brightest up-and-coming authors in the industry. It was important to us that moving forward our authors and their books would have a home with a company who could offer the high level of excellence they deserve. That’s why we chose to reach out to Owl Hollow Press. We knew our authors would be in great hands with their team.”
Owl Hollow Press, founded in 2016, has a strong list of genre fiction and felt that the Bleeding Ink titles would be the perfect fit as they work to expand their author base. All authors were offered the chance to work with Owl Hollow Press or retain the rights to their work, and each author chose to sign with Owl Hollow Press. With this acquisition, Owl Hollow Press and Bleeding Ink Publishing will merge structures under the OHP umbrella as they continue to provide exciting author and reader connections.
As isolation and mental stress continue to impact literature and its readers, OHP directors Emma Nelson and Hannah Smith feel that smart, meaningful fiction of all varieties has never been more essential—both for escapism and to empower readers within the variety of worlds they find themselves. Nelson states that “getting lost—or getting found—in a story has never been more important, and this acquisition allows us to add new voices to our small corner of the literary world.”
Owl Hollow Press’ focus on “world-altering stories, real and imagined” will take new turns over the course of 2021 and 2022, and Bleeding Ink Publishing’s books and authors are the perfect addition to that vision.
Owl Hollow Press welcomes the following new books and authors:
- Alice: The Wanderland Chronicles #1, originally released March 2019
- Broken Glass: The Wanderland Chronicles #2, originally released March 2019
- The Grey Queen: The Wanderland Chronicles #3, originally released November 2020
- Crowned in Blood: a Wanderland Chronicles Prequel Novel, coming soon
- Second Star: The Neverland Transmission #1, originally released March 2019
- Lost Boy: The Neverland Transmission #2, originally released December 2019
- Neverbound: The Neverland Transmission #3, coming 2022
- Unnamed Neverland Novella, coming soon
- A Spectacle of Souls: Circus of the Stolen #1, originally released July 2020
- Circus of the Stolen #2, coming 2022
- Someone Else’s Soul, originally released May 2019
- The Coincidence Makers, originally released November 2019
- In Defiance of Fate, a Coincidence Makers novel, originally released March 2021
- Unnamed Coincidence Makers novel, coming 2022
- Pricked: Tales from the Poisoned Apple #1, originally released August 2019
- Screaming Beauty: Tales from the Poisoned Apple #2, originally released April 2020
- End of the Rose: Tales from the Poisoned Apple #3, coming 2022
Please follow them on social media and join us in welcoming these incredible authors to the Owl Hollow Press flock.
2 thoughts on “Press Release: Owl Hollow Press has acquired Bleeding Ink Publishing”
Wow, that’s so awesome!!!!!! Go Owl Hollow Press!!!! *pumps fist in the air*
Thank you, Issabelle! We’re definitely excited!